Many nations and cultures regard frank sex conversations to be distasteful and frowned upon, much alone discussions about women’s orgasm and sexual health.
Every year on August 8th, numerous countries throughout the world celebrate International Female Orgasm Day. The day was first commemorated in Brazil in the northeast town of Esperantina in 2006, and was sponsored by councilman Arimateio Dantas. The councilman instituted the holiday to make up for the “sexual debt” he owed his wife. Female Orgasm Day, also known as International Female Orgasm Day, aims to increase awareness of women’s sexual health. It is also known as Dia Internacional del Orgasmo Femenino.
It also encourages women to become more conscious of their bodies. The day gives both men and women the opportunity to learn more about female orgasms.
What began as an unofficial celebration has now become a legal holiday in Brazil, with numerous nations joining forces. According to studies, around 58% of women fake orgasms for a variety of reasons ranging from boredom and exhaustion to protecting their partner’s feelings.
Many nations and cultures regard frank sex conversations to be distasteful and frowned upon, much alone discussions about women’s orgasm and sexual health. The day emphasises the need of addressing an issue that is still taboo.
On International Female Orgasm Day, these are some of the health advantages of having a healthy sex life:
1. A more powerful immune system – According to Healthline, “Persons who had regular sex (one to two times per week) had higher immunoglobulin A (IgA) in their saliva in a study of immunity in people in romantic relationships. People who had sex seldom (less than once a week) had considerably lower IgA levels.”
2. Improved sleep – A good sexual life promotes better sleep. During orgasm, the body produces oxytocin, popularly known as the love or closeness hormone, as well as endorphins. All of these contribute to improved sleep.
3. Improved mental health – Sexual activity may give significant psychological and emotional advantages to a person. It can alleviate tension and anxiety while also increasing happiness.
4. Reduces the risk of a heart attack – An active and healthy sexual life is beneficial to the heart. Sex balances oestrogen and testosterone levels and is a fantastic method to increase heart rate.
5. Aids women in improving bladder control – A strong pelvic floor is vital for women to avoid incontinence, and excellent sex provides a terrific exercise for your pelvic floor muscles.