The Tamil Nadu Medical Council of Chennai has extended the date of nomination of the Tamil Nadu Medical Council Awards 2020 to 28 February 2021, 5 p.m.
The ceremony was held in recognition of the services of the registered medical practitioners during COVID pandemic and has 6 categories with 5 awards each.
The nominations can be sent by the eligible doctors or by their proposers under the specified categories. The meritorious doctors among the nominations will be selected for the “Medical Council Awards – 2020 among, the Registered Medical Practitioners for their exemplary service as Covid warriors” as per the criteria/scoring followed by the Selection Committee of the Tamil Nadu Medical Council. The Awards will be given in an “Awards Function” to be held in Chennai and the date will be announced later.
The mandatory eligibility criteria includes :
1. The applicant must be registered in Tamil Nadu Medical Council.
2. The applicant must have unblemished Moral, Ethical and Professional Conducts and no pending criminal cases against them.
3. The applicant must have served during the covid pandemic in any category mentioned in the announcement.
Following criteria may add weightage to the scores of the applicant :
1. National, International, State, District Awards depending on the Institution awarding it will add up to the points:
2. Applicant may specifically state about the nature of work and duration of work rendered during the covid pandemic in their institution and in public.
3. Details of Approved Study, Thesis and Publication of Papers will add points.
4. Other credentials, the applicant can specifically present with supportive documents.
For further Queries and Clarifications, the candidates are instructed to contact the Chairman Dr.M.K.Ponnuraj, M.B.B.S., D.A (firstname.lastname@example.org) or two other members including Dr.D.Maruthupandian (email@example.com) or Dr.T.Jeyasingh (firstname.lastname@example.org).