According to the report of the Civil Surgeon and the doctor’s board’s preliminary inquiry a case of medical negligence against doctors was registered in accordance with Section 304-A.
Tarlok Chand was admitted for surgery at Jassian Road, Arogya Hospital on 15 January. After surgery, the patient was transferred to the recovery room where a blanket blower was kept that caused his legs to be burned.
The Board held the unanimous view that the hot air blower caused patients to get burned in Arogya Hospital. The patient developed wound infection and sickness, for which it was subject to immediately below knee amputation, and was delayed due to comorbidities. Before his death on April 19, Chandigarh, a patient was admitted for reconstruction/rehabilitation.
After the Board submitted the report, Dr Ashish Ohri and Dr Shweta Ohri were registered.