7 states reported less than 1000 cases: Health Minister

union health minister dr harsh vardhan

Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Monday said that seven states, including Delhi and Haryana, have less than 1,000 COVID-19 cases.The other states where COVID-19 cases are below 1,000 are Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand.

Addressing the meeting of the Group of Ministers on the COVID19 situation in the country, he said, “As of today, we have 14,01,609 active cases in the country.”He further said that the country’s recovery rate is continuously climbing up.

“Around 83 per cent of active cases are in 10 states and the remaining 17 per cent are in 26 states and UTs,” he said.He also said that five states, including Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Bihar Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh have less than 2,000 coronavirus cases.

“In the most-affected states, Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, there is a decline in the number of cases and it is significant,” Vardhan added.

Recommended For You