The National Medical Commission has recently issued an advisory to all the medical colleges regarding the conduct of MBBS examinations through a notification.
NMC has advised all medical colleges and universities to stick to the existing norms to conduct the final MBBS (Part 1 & Part 2) Theory and Practical, 2nd MBBS and Supplementary (1st and 2nd) MBBS examinations.
The directions are as follows:
- The universities are advised to adhere to the existing norms for conducting theory examination. However, considering the risk stratification of the areas where the Medical Colleges/Institutions are located all necessary precautions including staggering of small batches must be adhered to.
- If the external examiners are not able travel, they may conduct the exams online.
- The internal examiners should be available physically for the conduct of examinations.
- All students who are unable to appear for the examinations for whatever reasons, may take up the examinations with the supplementary batches. This will not be counted as an additional attempt for them.
- Practical/clinical examinations may be conducted in the laboratories with due precautions.