Doctors are one of the most selfless profession , the humans has created . Especially in the pandemic, we don’t have choice . Do we ?? Whether you get paid or you get your Personal protective equipment (PPE) or you are facing health issues , you have been trained and taught to work round -the clock since your medical college days . In our medical field , we are glorifying Over working as Some kind of accomplishment . I have seen people boasting their punctuality to work immediately after their 24 hrs duty , in which they should have been given a Post duty off . The Notification of DME which asked the colleges to follow only mandatory 8hrs duty plus And reasonable rotational duty Guidelines for internship and postgraduates has never Been taken seriously by the DEANS and it has never seen in the Notice boards of college nor it has been implemented .
As a frontline warrior who has received claps of people from their terrace , we are actually Doing more than we can handle . There are instances in which Doctors who had their health issues has been forced to continue their work and few has lost their lives and succumbed to this deadly virus . There are places in which Doctors has been beaten by the Public for the non availability of beds , oxygen cyclinders and Ventilators. Politicians are enjoying the benefit of Walk-in admission in top notched medical institutions while Doctors are struggling to admit their family members and in few cases the doctors themselves faced hardships in getting a bed when they got infected while serving people . I know you are tired of dealing deaths daily and your guilt of not able to help few people for their requirement of bed,medications . I’m fed up of reading all these news from my friends , colleagues and professors . We even saw the SUICIDES of few doctors after exposing to this hard and harsh never seen pandemic which took a toll on our mental health . All these things should make us realise a Long forgotten topic of mental health in our Profession – SELF CARE !
*Start caring for your health . I know you must have faced DEATHS throughout the day which could have remained in your mind to think about their family and and lot of things . But , Hit ur bed when it’s your sleep time . You can’t change what happened . But you can Change the events of tomorrow if you slept well today and start a fresh next day with Ton of confidence
. “SLEEP WELL “
* When you have health conditions (like pregnancy ) which prevented you from taking vaccines . Take LEAVE . Get PERMISSION /EXEMPTIONS from concerned authorities . If you face difficulties , fight with authorities . BUT DONT WORK , you can get Non – covid duties . And get an exemption . It’s not worth it to risk your life for the Anything – money , certificates or a tv telecast of appreciation .
* If you are not get paid for months , ASK FOR IT . We don’t need to risking our lives and not get paid at the end of day . Don’t let the authorities or govt to exploit you .
* If you can’t handle the too much things going on , TAKE A BREAK .
* SHARE EMOTIONS with the persons whom you believe . Address your thoughts and emotions instead of suppressing it .
* Have a checklist to get a positive things around you in this difficult time . FREE YOURSELF from SELF EGO ,Toxic attachments and environments .
* You have only you and your families also have only you . So stop Glorification of OVER WORKING , LACK OF SLEEP and STAND AGAINT EXPLOITATION . BE KIND TO YOURSELF . Along with your selfless service , please Start SELFCARE !