The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will announce the counselling dates soon after the Supreme Court upheld the centre’s decision to provide 27% reservation for OBCs in NEET UG and PG and 10% reservation for EWSs in NEET UG and PG. The final ruling will be decided on a final hearing by March 3, 2022.
“Counselling Schedule for NEET-PG and UG 2021 counselling will soon be uploaded on Official website of MCC, DGHS,” the MCC said in a statement issued on January 7.
Reservation in the all India quota seats for admission to UG and PG medical seats will be as follows:
- SC: 15 per cent
- ST: 7.5 per cent
- PwD – Horizontal reservation as per MCC norms: 5 per cent
- OBC (Non-creamy layer) as per the central OBC list: 27 per cent
- EWS (As per central government norms): 10 per cent
While the MCC has introduced some changes to the AIC NEET counselling scheme, the process will remain same as previous years for central institutions. “The proposed modified scheme of Online 4 rounds of counselling will be in tune with the prevailing norms of counselling (including the fees and security deposit) being followed for Central Institutes/Universities,” the MCC said earlier.
The MCC said candidates will not be allowed to apply for upgradation of seats or free exit after round 1. This means after round 1 seat allotment result, candidates can apply for upgradation of seats in round. However, after round 2, they can not apply for upgradation in the mop-up round and so on. Moreover, if candidates join the allotted seats in round 2, they can not resign the seats and participate in the further rounds. However, if they do not join the allotted seat in round 2, they can apply for the mop up round if they forfeit the security deposit and register fresh.
How To Register For AIQ NEET UG, PG Counselling
- Go to mcc.nic.in
- Click on the PG or UG counselling tab
- The link for registration will be displayed. Click on it
- Enter the required information and register
- Now login and fill the application form
- Upload documents, pay the registration fee and submit
- Take a printout of the application form