In an order issued by the Health Department of Jammu and Kashmir, the department informed that it has implemented the District Residency Program (DRP) for all the post graduate students across medical colleges to ensure availability of specialist doctors in rural areas and better on-ground training of doctors. The order said that the department has constituted a UT Level Steering Committee and designation of the Nodal Officers and Destrict Residency Program coordinator at Dvisional and District Level for implementation of District Residency Program.
According to the Health and Education Ministry order, the UT Level Steering Committee shall constitute of the Administrative Secretary, Health and Medical Education Department as Chairman. This committee shall be responsible for facilitating implementation, oversight and supervision of the District Residency Programme in Jaammu and Kashmir.
The members of the committee will include:
- Director, SKIMS Soura
- Principal, GMC Srinagar
- Principal, GMC Jammu
- Director (Coordination) New Medical Colleges, J&K Jammu
- Director Health Services Jammu
- Director Health Services Kashmir
- Registrar, University of Kashmir
- Registrar, University of Jammu
Designation of Divisional DRP Nodal Officers shall constitute of
- Registrar Academics GMC Srinagar for Kashmir Division
- Director (Coordination) new GMC J&K, Jammu for Jammu Division