Dr Reddy’s, on Wednesday released an important information regarding 2-Deoxy-D-glucose, a drug developed by INMAS, a DRDO lab in collaboration with Dr Reddy’s, for the treatment of Covid-19.
- Emergency use approval has been granted in India for anti-Covid-19 therapeutic application of the drug 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) developed by INMAS, a lab of the DRDO, in collaboration with Dr Reddy’s laboratories.
- 2DG is an oral anti-viral drug that can be administered only upon prescription to hospitalised moderate to severe Covid-19 patients as adjunct (add on) therapy along with existing standard of care.
- 2DG has not yet been launched into the market. Price per sachet has not yet been announced.
- Commercial launch and supply of 2DG to major Government and private hospitals is expected to commence in mid-June. Price is being determined with a view to making it accessible and affordable to as many patients as possible, and will be announce soon.
- Please beware of agents selling spurious or illegal products in the name of 2DG.
- Please beware of unverified messages relating to 2DG circulating on Social media and Whatsapp.