World Health Day is celebrated on April 7 every year. The theme for world health day 2021 is Building a fairer, healthier world.
Health is not just about physical well-being but also about the mental and social aspects. A person is said to be healthy if he/she possesses all three. According to the WHO, health is central to human happiness and well-being. It also makes an important contribution to economic progress, as healthy populations live longer and are more productive.
Millions of people around the world are prey to many terrible diseases. Therefore, to raise awareness about the overall health and well-being of people across the globe every year World Health Day is celebrated.
The following ways can help you achieve good health:
• Eat healthy meals • Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet • Drink a sufficient amount of water • Do regular exercise • Wash your hand before eating • Get enough sleep • Practice meditation • Avoid smoking, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and sugary drinks.
Previous themes of World Health Day
• 2020: Supporting Nurses And Midwives
• 2019: Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere
• 2018: Universal Health Coverage: Everywhere
• 2017: Depression: Let’s Talk
• 2016: Diabetes