According to the health ministry dashboard, India’s daily Covid tally increased again on Monday, with 17,073 new cases recorded in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 4,34,07,046. In the previous 24 hours, 21 additional individuals died and 15,208 recovered from the infection. With this, the total number of fatalities and recoveries is 5,25,020 and 4,27,87,606. The number of active cases in the country has risen to 94,420, accounting for 0.21 percent of all cases. Monday’s instances represent a 45 percent increase over Sunday’s total of 11,739 persons who tested positive for Covid. On the other side, 25 people died and 10,917 people were rescued on this day.
Previously, the country’s daily tally surpassed 17,000 on June 24 with 17,336, the greatest single-day increase since February 20.
Covid pandemic updates:
1. Maharashtra had a significant increase in the number of new illnesses recorded, with 6,493 new infections reported. The state has the most instances overall in the country. (more than 79 lakh)
2. Cases in Delhi increased again further on Sunday, with 1,891 infections registered compared to 666 infections the day before.
3. Kerala is another state where the increase in instances has been concerning.
4. According to the Union Health Ministry, India’s overall Covid recovery rate is 98.57 percent.
5. The daily and weekly positive rates are 5.62 percent and 3.39 percent, respectively, according to the government.